Episode 117: Tea for Two

Our first love story from the road: We came to Sri Lanka with every intention of filming a video about an organic, fair trade tea farmer. That is exactly what we were planning when we set foot on the small tea farm of Piyasena and his wife Ariyawatha. What we didnt expect was to be so taken with the relationship between the two of them. What started as a farm story quickly turned into a story about love and dedication amongst the Ceylon tea fields.  ps. Mirra and I are getting Married!

65 responses to “Episode 117: Tea for Two”

1. Uncle Steve says:

Congratulations Danny and Mirra!! We are very happy for you.

2. Greg says:

A beautiful video, a beautiful story and beautiful news! Congratulations to you both!

3. Mrs. Larkin says:

congratulations! Also, that was beautiful!

4. What a touching story. You always find the magic. Congrats and very best wishes! Hooray!

5. pjbfcp says:

Congratulations! Enjoy your bright future together.

6. cheekychilli says:

Nothing is so beautiful as two people truly in love! Such a lovely video. And congratulations to you both!

7. Kathy McDonnell says:

I’m delighted to hear this news Mirra and Danny! Congratulations!! I look forward to a beautiful video of you two 34 years from now :)

8. Karen Barnes says:

Adorable couple… may your love be a beacon through good times and bad… and hope that when you touch toes under the perennial plate table you keep the electricity and connection as demonstrated by this lovely pair. Congrats to you both and to Peter and Shaleigh, too. (another pair who demonstrate love and dedication both at the table and in the countryside) Karen Barnes

9. JakeDOlson says:

Beautiful. So happy for you goth Mirra and Daniel, I feel like I know you guys through these 3 years of videos. My sincerest congratulations!

10. Shelley and John says:

Wow! Best wishes for a wonderful and delicious future together. What a charming video!

11. Larry Ellis says:

BEST WISHES TO YOU BOTH!

12. Stacy says:

what a wonderful, simple story. all the best to you two as you move forward – doing things, making things and going places together. xo

13. Beautiful and fitting…e congratulazioni per il tuo fidanzamento!

14. Judy Chucker says:

Lovely. And, mazel tov to you love birds!

15. Dina Grant says:

Congratulations Danny and Mirra! Stephen and I are thrilled for you. Loved this vignette.

16. Robin says:

Congratulations to you both and what a sweet story to accompany your announcement.

17. Nancy says:

Congratulations Danny and Mira. We are all thrilled for you. I loved the Tea for Two episode. It made me teary eyed.

18. Congratulations! Always work toward the same goal!

19. Bob says:

Congratulations you two. Does this mean we will see more of Mira on your vids?

20. Congratulations to both of you!! <3

21. Alt says:

Loved it :)

22. Aimee says:

what a sweet couple! Congrats to you two!

23. Susan says:

What a lovely story and music to go with it! We are thrilled for you! It is clear that you do everything together just like the sweet couple in the video. Your marriage will be equally sweet. Xo Susan and Dean

24. ltcookies says:

Such a sweet story. Congrats to the two of you as well!

25. Teresa says:

Lovely story — theirs and your own as well! All the very best.

26. Honey and Vanilla says:

Oh my goodness congratulations. Love and live the way you two want, not how society tells you to.:)

27. LOVE! Congratulations to you both for many happy years!

28. sensensensibility says:

Congrats to you two, and a wonderful clip to accompany it , what a talent for finding a story

29. Natalia says:

This was so ridiculously lovely. Thank you! And congratulations :)

30. Manny Gutierrez says:

Congratulations. wish you two the Best!

31. Kathy DiPangrazio says:

Where can we buy their tea? I want to drink what they’re drinking!
    Congratulations!

32. very very touching story. and congrats! 😀

33. Mirra Fine says:

Wow. Thank you for all these wonderful notes of congratulations, and for being excited for us. It’s so kind of you to take the time to write something. And thank you for taking in this wonderful couple…Im trying to find a way to make sure they can see the video as well. Their story is so touching.

34. Neill Kramer says:

Truly delightful! And congrats. May you be as happy as the couple in the film.

35. andy kibort says:

and I am sitting here crying…. so ecstatic for you! May only good things come your way and may your love “SUSTAIN” the ages… love you….. andy kibort

36. andy kibort says:

p.s. i loved that vimeo…. so incredibly touching and sweet…..

37. always hungry for good food says:

I’m screaming out loud even though I’ve never met you and I don’t know you. Congratulations!!!! I’m so thrilled for the two of you!

38. Daniel and Mirra, congratulations. I hope that you, like Piyasena and Ariyawatha, are on the road to a wonderful married life together. Blessings.
    Sylvia

39. Guyrie says:

wonderful video! Congrats and may you both have great happiness together.

40. Sierra says:

What a sweet video. I loved it. Jimmy and I just celebrated the 20 year anniversary of our first kiss last Sunday. Happy to read about your engagement. Congratulations to you both on your decision to continue your journey together! We’ll keep watching the ride! :)

41. JR Riel says:

I really loved this one! Reminds me so much of my parents. I was raised in Hawaii in a semi-traditional farming/fishing lifestyle, and I can totally understand the dedication that these two have for one another. I see it in my parents who have worked hard in unison together to bring us up in love and security, my father fished from the sea and farmed the land every day of his life for us and my mother has always been there by his side supporting him. My three siblings and I are all spread out in different parts of the world now, but it is still our parents’ love that keeps us together as a family. I’ve always said that this is one of the reasons why I am still single, it’s almost a fear that I can never find the same deep connection that my parents have found. It’s too much pressure to live up to!

42. Nancy Liedl says:

Best wishes. Grampa Jim is smiling in heaven.

43. deborah kuo says:

i think this was my favourite video to date. congratulations, daniel and best wishes, mirra!

44. Eliza @ Intrepid says:

Congratulations Daniel and Mirra! Everyone at Intrepid Travel has been celebrating your wonderful news all week. The world is full of love (warning – I’m about to get sentimental but I think it’s allowed given the circumstances!). We’re so glad to be sending such a wonderful and inspirational couple as yourselves around the world to share these stories. Here’s to your happiness and a life of continued adventure for many, many years to come.

45. danielpklein says:

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your wonderful comments and support and love. its overwhelming and just so inspiring – we are so happy to have you all in our lives. thank you!

• Laxman says:

Mazel Tov to Dan & Mirra. You will make a fabulous couple.
      Why don’t you plan your honeymoon in Ceylon??
      my best..Laxman Srikantha (Sri Lankan native..of course)

46. Jared Alster says:

Congrats guys! Many more adventures to come!

47. max says:

WOW , so original love story !!

48. Congratulations on your engagement….you two lead the most amazing adventurous life, if you can make it on the road you can make it anywhere….love your story and the PP journey…safe travels. A fellow Minneapolitan, Imen xx

49. Anna says:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

50. Lisa Ludwinski says:

Oh my goodness, what joy this video (and news) brought me this afternoon! CONGRATULATIONS! I am sending you virtual engagement PIE! 😉

51. I’ve been asking myself, “Why am I so entranced with ‘The Perennial Plate’?” It’s not really the pictures or the topics covered, or the people you’ve captured necessarily, even though all those are fantastic and captivating! But it dawned on me a few weeks ago – it’s the relationship between Mirra and Daniel. THAT’S what’s been fun to watch. Your relationship has been communicated through every moment of this series. So beautiful. So honest. Congratulations on the news!

52. Maureen Rejali says:

That story is wonderful! Truly touched my heart! Congratulations on your engagement! Maureen Rejali

53. Keev Mah says:

Another amazing video. Congrats to you and Mirra, may your love and relationship be as inspirational as your videos.

54. Steve B says:

Mazel tov! What a fitting video for this announcement.

55. Erika roebino says:

Sweet!

56. Helen Siegel says:

It has been a while since I checked the Perennial Plate…..and loved this episode. Wishing the two of you continued happiness together. Congratulations….so happy for you.
    Helen

57. Simone says:

This is really touching my heart. I especially loved the part with the toe touching and how they cook together. Thanks for uploading and sharing it!

58. Ryan says:

Congratulations!

59. Jack says:

Hello! Congratulations for the video and your wedding! One question: are you sure about the translation…34 yrs seem less. This couple must be 60+, got married At 20+. They are married since 40+ maybe.

60. LillyC says:

wish I had left that legacy to my children

61. Vincenza says:

I’d love to visit this lovely couple. Could you please tell me, if it is possible, the name of the farm and the location? thank you

62. ikatta says:

West and East and East and West. In
    the West people fall in love and marry. In the East people marry and then fall in
    love; like this happy couple. So enchanting.

63. Amara says:

You are a blessed couple.You seem to thoroughly enjoy and admire everything about each other . As you say ” that is the success of love and life”. Wonderful story/example “be happy and try your best within the umbrella of ” togetherness”,you can concur anything. May God Bless you always and live well. Congratulations in capturing a beautiful and living story.