Fermenting Maine

We interrupt our normal international content to bring you a story about the wonderful Urban Farm Fermentory in Portland, Maine.  This was a film we made with Dark Rye a while back.  We’ve always loved it, just never found the right time to release it.  Watch to learn how Kombucha is made, but also to hear the story of an inspired community building man and organization.

6 responses to “Fermenting Maine”

1. Drew says:

This new one seems a bit incomplete. It finishes at “…bacon, egg and cheese” It’s always best to “leave them wanting more” but this is ridiculous! ;b

• danielpklein says:

something tells me you didn’t watch the whole thing.

• Drew says:

Hey Daniel,
        Thanks for that. I actually did watch the whole thing, twice in fact. Might have only partially been uploaded to VIMEO when I watched it. Probably just bad timing. That seems to have been remedied now, as I see that the full episode is now there. Look forward to watching it. Cheers Daniel!

Drew

• danielpklein says:

tried it in a few browsers, computers and phones. not sure what’s up. have you tried other devices?

• Drew says:

Weird. I just tried it again. It plays fine direct on Vimeo all the way through no problem, but if I try playing it on your home page or from the episodes list, it still stops at “bacon, egg and cheese” You had no problem with it? As I said, I was able to watch the whole episode through on Vimeo, but not at your website.
            I hear more and more about Kombucha sodas/beers. There’s some guys making one in Vancouver, but it’s a bit dodgy selling it in stores as Kombucha has poisoned a few people in the past and health authorities have it on their radar. My cousin was “growing” one, but I’ve never tried the “tea”(if you can call it that) myself. I’ll stick to my homemade sauerkraut for health! Cheers Daniel. Keep up the good work.

Drew

• Drew says:

Hey Daniel,
        I just tried to play it a couple more times and I’m not sure what’s wrong with the playback, but it does indeed still stop at after that guys says “bacon, egg and cheese”. FYI

Drew