Episode 3: A trip to Milan, MN

A few folks in small towns create a lot of the food in the United States.  As part of this series, I hope to visit some of these places and tell the stories of individuals who are doing things a little differently.  The first episode in this style looks at Milan, MN where we learn from the inspiring people at Garden Goddess Enterprises and Earthrise Farm.  Enjoy!

To read more, check out the article on Simple Good and Tasty.

11 responses to “Episode 3: A trip to Milan, MN”

1. Aaron says:

This is the best one yet! Loving your work…

2. Melanie says:

Who needs florida indeed!!

3. Drew says:

I’m standing up in front of my Mac, shouting "YES! YES!". I love what you’re doing here!

4. Mike says:

I really liked this one! That couple who run Garden Goddess seam pretty darn cool. I want to do that with my greenhouse this winter!

5. Daniel Klein says:

Hey Aaron, Drew, Mike, Kevin, Melanie — thanks so much for your comments, glad you are enjoying the episodes and are as inspired by these folks as I am!

6. Kevin says:

Production of winter crops [germination in January?!??] and root cellaring of fall crops seems so much more sensible than importing, no?

7. Jacky Baas says:

This is absolutely my most favorite of all your pieces. I discovered your website a few weeks ago and I am now looking forward to it weekly. I grew up very close to Milan and your story brought back so many memories. The couple you interviewed and the nuns were delightful. Keep up the good work. Thank you for your educating information.

8. Queenvalkyrie says:

this was a delightful treasure to find. Thank you for what you are doing…I am a fan.

9. Foodies says:

I love your webseries! Its so entertaining and insightful

10. jp says:

Ok…I’ve only watched three episodes so far and have determined that this is excellent entertainment, information and inspiration! Really. Highly raw, real and unstaged snippets of real life as it relates to real people and the food they eat and create. I’m really impressed with this because it shows how anyone can do small-scale sustainable practices if they are determined. I’m on my way to watch all these episodes!